THE MOTORIZED HANG GLIDER
Weight 240 Kg
Wingspan 9.85 metres
Wing surface area 15.1 m2
Min Speed 61 Km/H
Max Speed 157 Km/H
Climb rate 6 metres per sec.
Landing distance 60 metres
Take off distance Approx 100/ 150 m.
Motor type Rotax 912S thermal
Fuel SP 95 / 100 LL
WHY THIS KIND OF MACHINE
Its take off and landing distances, low fuel consumption as well as its large flight envelope, mean the motorised deltaplane is unrivalled when it comes to discovering locations with challenging land access.
Being a tandem, it includes space for survival/ filming equipment and also offers room for passengers met during the expedition.
The machine is under continuous modification:
- The carburettors will be replaced with an injection system.
- An additional fuel tank will increase the flight distances.
- Retractable skis are undergoing fitting and testing.
- The electrical system is being adapted to enable recharging of all filming equipment.
- Development of a large volume equipment cover.